Project Image

Chelsea Embankment

We were asked to carry out an external renovation project on a town house on the Chelsea embankment opposite Chelsea bridge. This was the entire external of the building including the roof. The project took about 8 weeks from beginning to end with the use of a conveyor belt system to get the tiles to the roof.

The old roof tiles we carefully removed, taken down and disposed of. The new tiles were put on with all new lead flashing fitted and the flat roof areas cleaned up and mineral felt applied. There were 52 sash windows back and front that all needed attention so we had scaffold set up in front of the building as well as the rear of the building. We cleaned and sanded the windows all down, used 2 part wood filler where necessary and made good. All sash string and weights were replaced making the windows almost new. They were then primered and coated in 2 coats of external gloss. New putty applied where required and all window sills repaired and renewed.

A major part of the project was serving the heating system which was a 80KW commercial boiler in the basement of the building supplying all flats with hot water and heating. This boiler was serviced and the hot water storage drained, de scaled and re filled. Another major part of the project was the pointing of all the brick work which has been standing for over 80yrs. You can imagine the wear on this was tremendous and all the bricks and mortar had to be grinded back to a new clean finish. we used a special mortar mix to achieve the finest pointing to give it a modern look while still retaining its original format and colours.

Finally the wrought iron gate along the front of the building and small wall with masonry tops were all prepared and fillered where required and painted. The iron was cleaned and primmered and then 2 coats of hammerite black gloss paint applied. the masonry was coated in a special solution to allow the paint to stick as previous contractors never got this right and the paint would always peel, to date the paint is still good.

Project Image

Northumberland Park Factory

This was a very big project, all internal work and external work meant the project would run about 12 weeks. The unit was an old factory and offices located in North London area of Northumberland park. The 1st phase of the project entailed removing all the old bathrooms and kitchenettes, the old plumbing and sprinkler system pipework which all had to be cut out. The water storage tank in the factory had to be removed but these were giant steel tanks located high up on the wall near the roof level. they were on brackets. These had to be cut and removed and walls made good. This was a project using a number of other contractors so this phase was complete for us, we had to start phase 2 which was al new pipework for bathrooms, kitchenette areas and manufacturing area.

The bathrooms were all designed by an interior designer as the client was going to use this place as a show room and manufacturing plant. they wanted the customer toilets to display the same quality and beauty as their products. The tiles were high gloss grey quartz and the sanitary ware was all Hans Grohe. The w/c’s had dark grey partition panels fitted and a shower was also added into the bathroom, please see pictures. In total there were 2 mens and 2 womens bathroom, one of each on each floor. There were 2 kitchenettes 1 on each floor and around 15 radiators were fitted along with a Vaillant 937 combi boiler. Finally we tiled the entire exterior of the building in a high gloss black tile 800 x 800 and we changed the windows to triple A glazed black windows to complete the fresh new look of the building. This was a challenge as we had to make good a lot of the exterior of the building which had not been maintained over the years.